Aurora Aligner :D

  Hey y'all! 

So after so many years of procrastinating I am finally doing something to my teeth. Initially I still thought I could live with the crooked teeth issue but I realised, it's getting out of hand so it's time to seek help. 

 


 

I just got started on it and I'm currently on my 4th set of aligner but I have so much faith in this journey already. So I first started googling and found myself shortlisting a few ways to straighten my teeth and at the end of it, Aurora Aligner it is. My doctor is Dr Krystle from Nam Fung Dental Clinic and it's located 10mins away from my office.

 

Since I am turning 30 this year, I reckoned it's not too ideal for me to go for the traditional metal braces. So invisible braces it is! 

Fun Fact: I had braces done when I was primary 4 on my upper jaw coz my front tooth couldn't grow due to insufficient space. 

 

My set of teeth seems pretty straight from the front but in actual fact there's this particular tooth it's protruding and crooked. Also, my lower jaw is a complete mess oh my god haha. It isnt obvious when I smile but when I speak, it can be easily seen.



 Nam Fung Dental: 702 Geylang Rd Singapore 389618

Tel: 6747 3884

 



Guess if this is with or without the aligners? I'm actually wearing it!


 

So basically how Aurora Aligner works:

 

1) Consultation:

There are multiple clinics in SG that carries Aurora Aligner and I chose the one nearest to my work place and went for consultation. They did digital records and an Xray for me and found out I have wisdom teeth that I haven't got rid of and suggested me to remove them. I can choose to keep it there since it's not bothering me however within the time frame of my aligner if it starts to ache, it will actually slow down my process since my teeth will shift in a different way that was initially visioned. So, Dr Krystle removed them for me.

 

2) View my treatment plan:

So each aligner is engineered to my teeth slightly. Every 2 weeks, I will have to change to a new set of Aligner which will further shift my teeth, slowly to the ideal position. For my case, it's estimated 60 weeks.

 

3) Receive my aligners:

I was given 2 sets of aligner so I would only need to visit Nam Fung once every 4-6 weeks for Dr Krystle to check my progress. To be worn 22 hours a day, and only to remove them when I eat.

 

4) Maintenance:

I'm nowhere near done but when 60 weeks is up, I just have to wear my retainer to maintain them. Also I would have to remove when I have my meals, and brushing the aligner when re-wearing it! 

 

 

The front view of my set of teeth

The side profile which is my main concern as it's very protruding from the sides

My messy lower jaw which is very obvious when I speak



 My set of teeth on this treatment plan. Each aligner is specially engineered to align my teeth.

See the blue triangle/rectangle on the teeth? It's actually attachments as known as temporary tooth coloured fillings that allows that aligner to fit better. Every visit, the dentist will check the fit and ensure the teeth are moving according to plan. Sometimes she may have to trim/ reshape some teeth (as the plan).

 

 

Why Aurora Aligner? 

 

1) Affordable -

Compared to Invisalign, it's way affordable. So the price point and instalment payment plan made it accessible to everyone who wants to improve the teeth.  

 

2) Almost invisible - 

The aligners that you will receive is transparent and no wires are needed. My friends and family didnt even notice that I had my aligners on, so it's very unnoticeable. 

 

3) Fuss free - 

To be honest, on the first few days of wearing I wasn't too used to removing it but now it's really easy. So I remove them when I have my meals. Other than that, it's mostly on my teeth. There is no wire that will trap food or get in the way when you brush and floss.

 

4) Advanced -

There are many aligners technologies out there, however previously when I went for another consultation they were not confident to fix my issue. Until I went for consultation with Dr Krystle at Nam Fung clinic, they were able to use state-of-the-art technology to treat normal to complex cases like mine.

 

5) Safe - 

The whole treatment is monitored by dentist at the clinic, ensuring that my progress is on the right track. With their attentive care, I know that my teeth is in good hands.

 

 

 

If you are looking to get your teeth fixed, make an appointment for consultation :)





https://www.auroraaligner.com/

https://www.facebook.com/auroraaligner/

 

Till my next update x

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Straighter teeth with Aurora Aligner :D (invisible braces)

Highlights of Kyushu P.2 #sp